POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Time flies Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Time flies (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Time flies
Date: 25 Jul 2010 05:14:09
Message: <4c4c0061@news.povray.org>
In the category of "so nobody give a damn but I'm going to show you this
anyway..."

Picture on the right was taken around about the year 2000. I was 20
years old, I lived with my mother, and I was a poor broke CS student.

Picture on the left was taken around 13 minutes ago. I am 30 years old,
I live with my mother, and I'm a poor broke sys admin.

And I still have the same T-shirt, BTW...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Attachments:
Download 'then and now.jpg' (237 KB)

Preview of image 'then and now.jpg'
then and now.jpg

> In the category of "so nobody give a damn but I'm going to show you this
> anyway..."
>
> Picture on the right was taken around about the year 2000. I was 20
> years old, I lived with my mother, and I was a poor broke CS student.
>
> Picture on the left was taken around 13 minutes ago. I am 30 years old,
> I live with my mother, and I'm a poor broke sys admin.

It looks like you are right on track with the attitude, trading in the
blissful and eager expression for a deflated and cynical one. Time does
that.

Post a reply to this message

On 25/07/2010 10:13 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> In the category of "so nobody give a damn but I'm going to show you this
> anyway..."

You look more cynical now. In fact you look like a syst admin guy. ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> It looks like you are right on track with the attitude, trading in the
> blissful and eager expression for a deflated and cynical one. Time does
> that.

Oh my God! It's true!! >_< Nooooo!!

FWIW, in the newer picture I'm facing into the sun and trying to hold
the camera with one hand...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> "Orchid XP v8" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>
> > In the category of "so nobody give a damn but I'm going to show you this
> > anyway..."
> >
> > Picture on the right was taken around about the year 2000. I was 20
> > years old, I lived with my mother, and I was a poor broke CS student.
> >
> > Picture on the left was taken around 13 minutes ago. I am 30 years old,
> > I live with my mother, and I'm a poor broke sys admin.
>
> It looks like you are right on track with the attitude, trading in the
> blissful and eager expression for a deflated and cynical one. Time does
> that.

seems like 3 or more people agreed on that already!

Post a reply to this message

> > It looks like you are right on track with the attitude, trading in the
> > blissful and eager expression for a deflated and cynical one. Time does
> > that.
>
> Oh my God! It's true!! >_< Nooooo!!
>
> FWIW, in the newer picture I'm facing into the sun and trying to hold
> the camera with one hand...

don't worry, if the sun or age can't make your blissfulness disappear entirely,
women will do the job. :)

Post a reply to this message

> seems like 3 or more people agreed on that already!

THAT'S WHAT WORRIES ME! o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Am 25.07.2010 11:13, schrieb Orchid XP v8:

> Picture on the right was taken around about the year 2000. I was 20
> years old, I lived with my mother, and I was a poor broke CS student.
>
> Picture on the left was taken around 13 minutes ago. I am 30 years old,
> I live with my mother, and I'm a poor broke sys admin.

Picture on the right clearly shows the stereotypic nerdy, dull,
self-conscious computer kid.

Picture on the left looks like a normal, sane, grown-up male to me.