POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Deer me Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Deer me (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Invisible
Subject: Deer me
Date: 22 Jul 2010 07:59:00
Message: <4c483284$1@news.povray.org>
(No, that's not a typo. It's supposed to be a pun. Oh nevermind...)

It's not been a good day so far. I woke up just in time for work.
Trouble is, where I work is an hour's drive away. o_O Not only that, but
my office is next to the site general manager's office. Goodie.

On the other hand, as I was approaching the site, it was a bright sunny
morning, and I saw what looked conspicuously like a fox emerging from
the bushes by the side of the road. However, unless I'm very much
mistaken, foxes don't have horns. (!)

Obviously I didn't get a very good look. It *was* broad daylight, but I
was watching the road. (Especially since this happened on a blind
corner.) The creature was clearly some mannar of deer, but I don't know
what kind. It appeared to stand about knee high, it had a glossy brown
coat, and diminutive little horns on its head.

The British Deer Society claims there are only 6 species of deer in this
country, and the only one who's general body shape looks even vaguely
like what I saw is the Muntjac Deer. (The other 5 have much, much longer
necks.)

So it seems I saw a Muntjac Deer. There, see? I *told* you I work in the
middle of nowhere! ;-)

Post a reply to this message