POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XBox marketplace query Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  XBox marketplace query (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Phil Cook v2
Subject: XBox marketplace query
Date: 16 Jul 2010 05:39:59
Message: <op.vfxjs2nimn4jds@phils>
Not an attempt to drive traffic to my blog honest, but the full story can
be found here

http://flipc.blogspot.com/2010/07/xbox-live-and-lack-of-security.html

To summarize I'm asking any XBox360 owners here -

1) Is it possible to log in online without a passcode using only the
publicly displayed gamertag?
2) How easy is it to 'accidentally' purchase something from Marketplace in
this case a full £20 game.

As it stands my friend's son is on the brink of forfeiting his next
Christmas and Birthday presents unless he pays up; but as an accident it
could lead to a slightly more lenient response and the default "Bloody
Microsoft" outcry :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com