POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inception (no spoilers) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Inception (no spoilers) (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Inception SPOILERS!
Date: 23 Aug 2010 09:37:21
Message: <4c727991$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   SPOILERS. Please don't read if you haven't seen the movie.

MORE SPOILERS!

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

>   Now that you mention that, and I think about it, it was not him who put
> it in the safe.

He did indeed put it in the safe. That action *was* the first inception he
did, that caused Mal to believe she was dreaming even when she woke. It was
Mal's totem in Mal's safe.

> So it was probably not his totem.

Exactly. It was Mal's totem, not his.

My suspicion is that the top doesn't tell Cobb whether he's dreaming. It
tells him whether Mal's 'ghost' is nearby. Which of course can only happen
when he's dreaming.

If you watch it again and pay attention to the right places, you'd discover
that Cobb wears a wedding ring whenever he's sleeping and does not wear a
ring when he's awake, and there's always a shot of his hands close up near
the beginning of a new scene.

He also tells other people what the totem means, and lets people touch it,
so he's clearly breaking his own rules about the totems.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Quoth the raven:

Post a reply to this message