POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh. Joy. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Oh. Joy. (Message 21 to 30 of 34)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: scott
Subject: Re: Oh. Joy.
Date: 9 Jul 2010 07:07:22
Message: <4c3702ea$1@news.povray.org>
>> it's also useful that 1 bar ~= 10 metres of water for quick estimations.
>
>  I didn't quite understand that.

It's useful for quick estimations involving water (one of the most common
pressurised fluids you come across) because it's a multiple of 10.

eg a water tank 4 metres above the tap, pressure at the tap is 0.4 bar.

or, 2 bar coming into your house, what's the pressure at the valve in your
roof 6 metres up?  1.4 bar

Post a reply to this message

> >> it's also useful that 1 bar ~= 10 metres of water for quick estimations.
> >
> >  I didn't quite understand that.

> It's useful for quick estimations involving water (one of the most common
> pressurised fluids you come across) because it's a multiple of 10.

> eg a water tank 4 metres above the tap, pressure at the tap is 0.4 bar.

> or, 2 bar coming into your house, what's the pressure at the valve in your
> roof 6 metres up?  1.4 bar

  You mean that when you dive, each 10 meters of depth adds approximately
1 bar of pressure?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message