POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Making Lichtenberg figures Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:17:05 EDT (-0400)
From: Warp
Subject: Making Lichtenberg figures
Date: 4 Jul 2010 04:17:55

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Making Lichtenberg figures
Date: 4 Jul 2010 05:25:48
On 04/07/2010 9:17 AM, Warp wrote:

	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jul 2010 15:50:05
Message: <4c30e5ed$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Po35g23fYI

That's cool. The museum of natural history in Philadelphia has a giant lump
of branched sand in the front lobby. Someone found it after lightning hit
the beach, apparently, and melted the silicon sand into figures like this.

Altho, honestly, I'd rather here the snaps and crackles and bangs they
describe in text then some random throbbing technobeat. (Or, as one pundit
said, "Even if the bodies are hitting the floor, I don't want to hear about
it from you.")

That is pretty cool how it keeps flashing for a bit after the initial
cross-over.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback