POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Need for speed (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Need for speed
Date: 3 Jul 2010 05:43:10
Message: <4c2f062e$1@news.povray.org>
Yesterday I had the misfortune of working on an old AMD Duron 1.2 GHz
system with 256 MB RAM and some mannar of S3 graphics card.

On this system, just having the Process Explorer window open uses 6% of
the available CPU power. Just to scroll a few CPU graphs.

I'm at home right now, and on my dual-core 64-bit AMD AthlonX2 [which is
actually running in 32-bit mode], Process Explorer is using less than
1%. More impressive, WinAmp decoding Ogg Vorbis in realtime [which is
more compute-intensive than MP3] uses about 0.5%.

Computers are fast now...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/