POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Temp files... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Temp files... (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: scott
Subject: Temp files...
Date: 2 Jul 2010 08:05:36
Message: <4c2dd610$1@news.povray.org>
Things were getting very slow on my PC when saving attachments from Outlook
(it would take 10 seconds to save even a small file), I thought the culprit
was probably a load of files in some temp folder somewhere.  So I did the
standard disk cleanup thing, checked all the boxes, also internet settings
remove temporary files, and recovered 20GB(!) in total.  But still it's just
as slow.  So I viewed an attachment in Picture Viewer and checked where it
was being loaded from.  /AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet
Files or some such.  Looked in that folder, not much in there (as I'd just
cleaned it up), just a few text files, only a few KB, decided to delete the
folder manually from explorer anyway, "Deleting 230,119 items (1.65 GB)"
WTF!  I had hidden files and OS files showing, but these 230k files did not
show!  Yes, saving attachments are instant now :-)