POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pointless Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  Pointless (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Invisible
Subject: Pointless
Date: 2 Jul 2010 06:56:40
Message: <4c2dc5e8@news.povray.org>
Zinc phosphide.

It's used to poison rats and other rodents. It reacts with stomach acid
to produce phosphine gas, which is toxic.

When sold commercially, it's usually mixed with antimony potassium
tartrate. This chemical has the property that it makes people (and cats
and dogs, for that matter) vomit. So if your pet eats this stuff, it
won't stay in there very long.

You would think this makes it useless against rats, but apparently not.
Rats don't have a vomit reflex.

(You have to wonder who THE HELL found that out, and why...)

It's stuff like this that makes my mother think I'm a genius because I
know so much. And makes everybody else think I'm a total loser, for that
matter...

Post a reply to this message

> It's stuff like this that makes my mother think I'm a genius because I
> know so much. And makes everybody else think I'm a total loser, for that
> matter...

And some to think you're a person who finds all sorts of interesting
things.. .

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> It's stuff like this that makes my mother think I'm a genius because I
> know so much. And makes everybody else think I'm a total loser, for that
> matter...

a loser wishing for suicide?

hey, tune in right now for Brazil vs Netherlands in the World Cup.  should cheer
you up... :D

Post a reply to this message

> > It's stuff like this that makes my mother think I'm a genius because I
> > know so much. And makes everybody else think I'm a total loser, for that
> > matter...
>
> a loser wishing for suicide?
>
> hey, tune in right now for Brazil vs Netherlands in the World Cup.  should cheer
> you up... :D

Netherland 2x1 Brazil...

what was the formula for the poison again?

Post a reply to this message