POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Am I going to die? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Am I going to die? (Message 51 to 54 of 54)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Am I going to die?
Date: 6 Jul 2010 13:05:09
Message: <4c336245$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/6/2010 8:06 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>
>> On a more serious note,
>>
>> Yeah I've often pondered immortality. I think it would be a bad thing.
>
> You *think* it would be a bad idea?
>
> Have you seen any population growth figures recently? ;-)

Oh, yeah ... there's also that, too. But it's a minor detail.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 Jul 2010 13:05:40
Message: <4c336264$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/6/2010 8:07 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> [insert witty remark here]
>>
>> Your query returned no results...
>
> Ah, well see, "bush" is also a slang word for... well, you fill in the
> rest. ;-)

Dammit, I had SafeSearch(tm) turned on again...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 6 Jul 2010 13:43:01
Message: <4c336b25@news.povray.org>
On 06/07/2010 1:57 PM, Mike Raiford wrote:
> On 7/4/2010 2:50 AM, Stephen wrote:
>

> I hear there's this great restaurant ....

I've heard that too. I believe that it has lots of stars. ;-)

> On a more serious note,
>
> Yeah I've often pondered immortality. I think it would be a bad thing.
> Now, if I could build up a retirement fund that would give me a
> perpetually livable salary after, say, 65 years ... I'd be all for it.
> But the prospect of having to do work that I don't want to do for
> hundreds of years isn't all that exciting to me.

Now, I feel differently. I like my work and have been lucky enough to
have jobs that I would have paid to do. (Almost ;-) )

six months a year.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen