POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cardboard Warfare Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:14:44 EDT (-0400)
  Cardboard Warfare (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Darren New
Subject: Cardboard Warfare
Date: 30 Jun 2010 01:31:28
Message: <4c2ad6b0@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE-ZmwATS8E

Pretty funky that making effects like this has become so cheap one can put
together a stupid movie like this just for giggles.  I'm still waiting for
free and trivial motion capture, tho.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback

Post a reply to this message

> Pretty funky that making effects like this has become so cheap one can
> put together a stupid movie like this just for giggles. I'm still
> waiting for free and trivial motion capture, tho.

Project NATAL? Not free, but cheap considering.

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

>> Pretty funky that making effects like this has become so cheap one can
>> put together a stupid movie like this just for giggles. I'm still
>> waiting for free and trivial motion capture, tho.
>>

> Project NATAL? Not free, but cheap considering.

Yeah. I'm not sure you'll be able to get the motion stuff out in any sort of
easy-to-use form, but sure, that's getting close.  Certainly the technology
is there to make it happen. It's just a question of some generous programmer
needing it enough to write an open-source program to do it with a web cam or
two. ;-)