POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : JPL's HORIZONS system Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  JPL's HORIZONS system (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: SharkD
Subject: JPL's HORIZONS system
Date: 29 Jun 2010 20:37:21
Message: <4c2a91c1$1@news.povray.org>
Link:

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?horizons

Using this tool I am able to retrieve information to model the planets'
orbits. But what about the rotation of the planets? It gives information
about rotational speed as well as obliquity WRT the xy plane, but AFAIK
doesn't give the necessary information the direction of the obliquity,
or the side of the planet that is facing the "front" at the given epoch.

Did I miss something? Where can I dig up this info?

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

> Using this tool I am able to retrieve information to model the planets'
> orbits. But what about the rotation of the planets?
>
> Did I miss something? Where can I dig up this info?

You could try prodding Wolfram Alpha just for giggles. It might
conceivably have the data you want. (Assuming you can guess what the
correct query string is...)

Post a reply to this message