POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Funny bones Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Funny bones (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Darren New
Subject: Funny bones
Date: 13 Jun 2010 17:19:44
Message: <4c154b70$1@news.povray.org>
There's a TV show called "Bones", starring a (fictional) forensic
anthropologist named Temperance Brennan, who also writes murder mysteries on
the side.

The TV series is based on the books by Kathy Reich, who is a forensic
anthropologist and author.

And, it turns out that the books Temperance Brennan writes are about a
forensic anthropologist named Kathy Reich.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly

Post a reply to this message

> There's a TV show called "Bones", starring a (fictional) forensic
> anthropologist named Temperance Brennan, who also writes murder mysteries on
> the side.
>
> The TV series is based on the books by Kathy Reich, who is a forensic
> anthropologist and author.
>
> And, it turns out that the books Temperance Brennan writes are about a
> forensic anthropologist named Kathy Reich.

does she get boned?

ok, not funny bone... :P

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:19:43 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> There's a TV show called "Bones", starring a (fictional) forensic
> anthropologist named Temperance Brennan, who also writes murder
> mysteries on the side.
>
> The TV series is based on the books by Kathy Reich, who is a forensic
> anthropologist and author.
>
> And, it turns out that the books Temperance Brennan writes are about a
> forensic anthropologist named Kathy Reich.

Yes, we watch it here, and that is an interesting part of the show. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 6/13/2010 8:53 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Yes, we watch it here, and that is an interesting part of the show. :-)

Fun trivia: In the Jeffersonian look at the trusses in the ceiling. Our
steel division built those trusses for the set.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:11:35 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> On 6/13/2010 8:53 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> Yes, we watch it here, and that is an interesting part of the show. :-)
>
> Fun trivia: In the Jeffersonian look at the trusses in the ceiling. Our
> steel division built those trusses for the set.

That's pretty cool, always fun when there's a personal connection to
something like that.

Vaguely similarly, we watch Eureka, and Colin Ferguson is a friend of a
friend of my wife's.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 6/14/2010 9:52 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:11:35 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:
>
>> On 6/13/2010 8:53 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, we watch it here, and that is an interesting part of the show. :-)
>>
>> Fun trivia: In the Jeffersonian look at the trusses in the ceiling. Our
>> steel division built those trusses for the set.
>
> That's pretty cool, always fun when there's a personal connection to
> something like that.

Indeed. It was actually how I started watching the series. There was a
small write-up in our break room, I decided to watch just to see the
trusses. And I wound up really enjoying the show.

> Vaguely similarly, we watch Eureka, and Colin Ferguson is a friend of a
> friend of my wife's.

Not familiar with the show... But neat nonetheless.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Vaguely similarly, we watch Eureka, and Colin Ferguson is a friend of a
> friend of my wife's.

the real question is:  how far is Colin Ferguson from Kevin Bacon? ;)

Post a reply to this message