POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead (Message 61 to 70 of 75)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead
Date: 25 Jun 2010 12:15:55
Message: <4c24d63b$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> writes:
>
>> Better character development.  OK, I can see that, sure.
>
> Somehow, I'm feeling you're saying that in jest.

No, I was actually 100% serious. Unless the point of the movie is character
development (i.e., the characters develop noticably during the movie) it's
not something I tend to remember 10 years later about a movie. :-)

> It was, however, a very quotable movie:

That's always good. I think movies (and to some extent books) turn into
culture in direct proportion to their quotability.

I think Wizard of Oz still wins on that front, tho.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly

Post a reply to this message