POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. (Message 1 to 10 of 53)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
Date: 28 May 2010 12:01:01
Message: <4bffe8bd@news.povray.org>
New thread at Andrew's request:

Download Location:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/logicsim/files/

Be sure to read the notes. Requires .NET Framework 3.5

I'll reply to this thread for updates.

This is wiring only, with minimal select and drag features.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 28 May 2010 18:34:54
Message: <4c00450e@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> New thread at Andrew's request:
>
> Download Location:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/logicsim/files/
>
> Be sure to read the notes. Requires .NET Framework 3.5
>
> I'll reply to this thread for updates.
>
> This is wiring only, with minimal select and drag features.

*Downloads source code and Mono*

*Tries compiling*

SimulatorControl.cs(745,34): error CS0103: The name `Properties' does not
exist in the current context
SimulatorControl.cs(757,38): error CS0103: The name `Properties' does not
exist in the current context
Tracer.cs(26,38): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for
`LogicSim.Tracer.Tracer(string, System.Diagnostics.TraceLevel)' has some
invalid arguments
Tracer.cs(14,19): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Tracer.cs(26,38): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert
`System.Diagnostics.SourceLevels' expression to type
`System.Diagnostics.TraceLevel'

Hmm... I think I'll go for the binary :)

*Downloads .exe*

Well, at least it starts.

*Clicks on a wire*

** (LogicSim.exe:15845): WARNING **: GdipSetPenCustomEndCap isn't
implemented
System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented
[GDI+ status: NotImplemented]
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000]
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage (System.Drawing.Image image,
Rectangle destRect, Int32 srcX, Int32 srcY, Int32 srcWidth, Int32 srcHeight,
GraphicsUnit srcUnit, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageAttributes imageAttr)
[0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Graphics:DrawImage
(System.Drawing.Image,System.Drawing.Rectangle,int,int,int,int,System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit,System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageAttributes)

Okay, maybe not :)

Post a reply to this message

On 5/28/2010 5:34 PM, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>> New thread at Andrew's request:
>>
>> Download Location:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/logicsim/files/
>>
>> Be sure to read the notes. Requires .NET Framework 3.5
>>
>> I'll reply to this thread for updates.
>>
>> This is wiring only, with minimal select and drag features.
>
> *Downloads source code and Mono*
>
> *Tries compiling*
>
> SimulatorControl.cs(745,34): error CS0103: The name `Properties' does not
> exist in the current context
> SimulatorControl.cs(757,38): error CS0103: The name `Properties' does not
> exist in the current context
> Tracer.cs(26,38): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for
> `LogicSim.Tracer.Tracer(string, System.Diagnostics.TraceLevel)' has some
> invalid arguments
> Tracer.cs(14,19): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
> Tracer.cs(26,38): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert
> `System.Diagnostics.SourceLevels' expression to type
> `System.Diagnostics.TraceLevel'

Oh...

That one looks like an issue with release builds:

There's a conditional there, and the code when DEBUG is not defined is
wrong. I haven't run a release build yet.

> Hmm... I think I'll go for the binary :)
>
> *Downloads .exe*
>
> Well, at least it starts.
>
> *Clicks on a wire*
>
> ** (LogicSim.exe:15845): WARNING **: GdipSetPenCustomEndCap isn't
> implemented
> System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented
> [GDI+ status: NotImplemented]
>    at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000]
>    at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage (System.Drawing.Image image,
> Rectangle destRect, Int32 srcX, Int32 srcY, Int32 srcWidth, Int32 srcHeight,
> GraphicsUnit srcUnit, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageAttributes imageAttr)
> [0x00000]
>    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Graphics:DrawImage

(System.Drawing.Image,System.Drawing.Rectangle,int,int,int,int,System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit,System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageAttributes)

> Okay, maybe not :)

What is your execution environment? If you're trying to run it under
mono, I'm pretty sure it won't work. I haven't had any chance to port it
to mono, and it looks like it's missing a few things.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 29 May 2010 20:58:01
Message: <4c01b819@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> On 5/28/2010 5:34 PM, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> Hmm... I think I'll go for the binary :)
>>
>> *Downloads .exe*
>>
>> Well, at least it starts.
>>
>> *Clicks on a wire*
>>
>> ** (LogicSim.exe:15845): WARNING **: GdipSetPenCustomEndCap isn't
>> implemented
>> System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented
>> [GDI+ status: NotImplemented]
>>    at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000]
>>    at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage (System.Drawing.Image image,
>> Rectangle destRect, Int32 srcX, Int32 srcY, Int32 srcWidth, Int32
>> srcHeight, GraphicsUnit srcUnit, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageAttributes
>> imageAttr)
>> [0x00000]
>>    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
>>    System.Drawing.Graphics:DrawImage

(System.Drawing.Image,System.Drawing.Rectangle,int,int,int,int,System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit,System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageAttributes)

>> Okay, maybe not :)
>>

> What is your execution environment? If you're trying to run it under
> mono, I'm pretty sure it won't work. I haven't had any chance to port it
> to mono, and it looks like it's missing a few things.

I'm on Debian Linux, 64-bit; with Mono 2.4.4.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 May 2010 00:06:10
Message: <4c01e432@news.povray.org>
On 5/29/2010 7:58 PM, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> I'm on Debian Linux, 64-bit; with Mono 2.4.4.

Do you know if Mono will run projects with Linq?

I'd like to be able to port this to mono when it's done. I use some Linq
features on the collections (mostly just a couple of the extension
methods (such as Select and Where) as a convenience)

It looks like a few of the GDI+ things I may have to look out for, I
might recode a few portions of the code that's relying on custom end
caps, since that seems to be a problem.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 30 May 2010 01:21:55
Message: <4c01f5f3@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> On 5/29/2010 7:58 PM, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> I'm on Debian Linux, 64-bit; with Mono 2.4.4.
>
> Do you know if Mono will run projects with Linq?
>
> I'd like to be able to port this to mono when it's done. I use some Linq
> features on the collections (mostly just a couple of the extension
> methods (such as Select and Where) as a convenience)
>
> It looks like a few of the GDI+ things I may have to look out for, I
> might recode a few portions of the code that's relying on custom end
> caps, since that seems to be a problem.

I wrote 200 lines of C# in my life, and it didn't involve Linq or graphics.
Just an HTTP request and some XML parsing :)

I barely know what Linq *is* :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 2 Jun 2010 12:04:53
Message: <4c068125$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/28/2010 11:00 AM, Mike Raiford wrote:
> New thread at Andrew's request:
>
> Download Location:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/logicsim/files/

I've updated the files online. Now contains a toolbar, menu bar,
selection and dragging works, and the properties list populates with
some basic information (And a small amount of stray data that needs to
be hidden from the property list)

Release note contains more information on hotkeys and such.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 2 Jun 2010 12:11:42
Message: <4c0682be$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> I've updated the files online.

You might wanna start putting version numbers on this stuff, so people
can tell what version they have / what's on SF.

Just a friendly suggestion. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 2 Jun 2010 17:08:30
Message: <4c06c84e$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/2/2010 11:11 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Just a friendly suggestion. ;-)

Sure, but not right now. It's not even a usable application at this
point. It's basically a release to test and get feedback.

Maybe I'll start giving it version strings like "ui-test-0.0.02-06-2010"

Seems a bit silly, though.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Jun 2010 07:47:40
Message: <4c07965c$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Sure, but not right now. It's not even a usable application at this
> point. It's basically a release to test and get feedback.
>
> Maybe I'll start giving it version strings like "ui-test-0.0.02-06-2010"
>
> Seems a bit silly, though.

I usually just assign a unique number to each one I release. Like, the
first one is Test01.exe, the next one is Test02.exe, and so on. Just a
small thing.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/