POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Thunderbird (again) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Thunderbird (again) (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SharkD
Subject: Thunderbird (again)
Date: 4 Jun 2010 16:23:26
Message: <4c0960be$1@news.povray.org>
The retention settings don't seem to work in this group or in p.b.i
(hence why I am posting again). Are they overridden somehow by the server?

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Thunderbird (again)
Date: 4 Jun 2010 18:07:14
Message: <4c097912$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> The retention settings don't seem to work in this group or in p.b.i
> (hence why I am posting again). Are they overridden somehow by the server?

I have o-t posts all the way back to the beginning of the year.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:23:26 -0400, SharkD wrote:

> The retention settings don't seem to work in this group or in p.b.i
> (hence why I am posting again). Are they overridden somehow by the
> server?

Nope.  An NNTP server has no control over what articles are retained by
the client - not part of the protocol.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> The retention settings don't seem to work in this group or in p.b.i
> (hence why I am posting again). Are they overridden somehow by the server?

Doh! I had the thread set to "Threads with Unread". I wish this option
would show up in the right-click menu...

--
http://isometricland.com