POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Andy - question Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Andy - question (Message 11 to 20 of 119)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Andy - question
Date: 3 Jun 2010 21:07:41
Message: <4c0851dd$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:08:05 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 03/06/2010 7:17 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> I don’t know if I believe the script but anyone who says that *all*
>>> Americans/Welsh/Jocks/… are stupid is talking about himself.
>>
>> How about "most" then?
>>
> Getting better but "some" would be even better.

I'd go so far as to say "those who actually demonstrate stupidity on a
regular basis". ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Jun 2010 21:08:38
Message: <4c085216$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:09:38 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> You won't get an argument from me on that.

Good. ;-)  I didn't think I would.

> Unless you really want one. :-P

I think I'll pass - today in other forums I've been arguing (again) about
the AZ immigration law and watching an argument on the Israel/Hamas
situation.  I'm all argued out.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 04/06/2010 2:07 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:08:05 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> How about "most" then?
>>>
>> Getting better but "some" would be even better.
>
> I'd go so far as to say "those who actually demonstrate stupidity on a
> regular basis". ;-)

"All those people in the US, who actually demonstrate stupidity on a
regular basis, are stupid"
A bit of a mouthful and not very snappy, methinks. ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 04/06/2010 2:08 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:09:38 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> You won't get an argument from me on that.
>
> Good. ;-)  I didn't think I would.
>
>> Unless you really want one. :-P
>
> I think I'll pass - today in other forums I've been arguing (again) about
> the AZ immigration law and watching an argument on the Israel/Hamas
> situation.  I'm all argued out.

Poor you. An aspirin, a cup of sweet tea and an early night. You will be
as right as rain in the morning. :-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:03:24 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> I'd go so far as to say "those who actually demonstrate stupidity on a
>> regular basis". ;-)
>>

> "All those people in the US, who actually demonstrate stupidity on a
> regular basis, are stupid"
> A bit of a mouthful and not very snappy, methinks. ;-)

Well, yes, but it's accurate. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:06:24 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 04/06/2010 2:08 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:09:38 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> You won't get an argument from me on that.
>>
>> Good. ;-)  I didn't think I would.
>>
>>> Unless you really want one. :-P
>>
>> I think I'll pass - today in other forums I've been arguing (again)
>> about the AZ immigration law and watching an argument on the
>> Israel/Hamas situation.  I'm all argued out.
>>

> Poor you. An aspirin, a cup of sweet tea and an early night. You will be
> as right as rain in the morning. :-)

Could've used more sleep, but had two episodes of Clue to listen to last
night, and that helped. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 04/06/2010 3:27 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:03:24 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> I'd go so far as to say "those who actually demonstrate stupidity on a
>>> regular basis". ;-)
>>>

>> "All those people in the US, who actually demonstrate stupidity on a
>> regular basis, are stupid"
>> A bit of a mouthful and not very snappy, methinks. ;-)
>
> Well, yes, but it's accurate. ;-)

And a tautology.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On 04/06/2010 3:28 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> I think I'll pass - today in other forums I've been arguing (again)
>>> >>

>> >  Poor you. An aspirin, a cup of sweet tea and an early night. You will be
>> >  as right as rain in the morning.:-)
> Could've used more sleep, but had two episodes of Clue to listen to last
> night, and that helped.:-)

It is hard to argue when you’re laughing :-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message