POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics activity Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Electronics activity (Message 51 to 60 of 65)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Electronics activity
Date: 26 May 2010 03:53:42
Message: <4bfcd386$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Seriously, go down to the local electronics supply store and buy a
> packet of 9-volt battery clips. It makes life much easier!

I've *got* a battery holder. But I still need to connect the terminals
of the battery holder to the beadboard.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 26 May 2010 03:55:24
Message: <4bfcd3ec$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Heck, if you've ever used a SCSI device you know *that* much. :-)

I've used several SCSI devices. Your point?

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 26 May 2010 04:02:56
Message: <4bfcd5b0$1@news.povray.org>
> I've *got* a battery holder. But I still need to connect the terminals of
> the battery holder to the beadboard.

Solder one of your single-core breadboard wires to each wire of the battery
holder.

Post a reply to this message

>> I've *got* a battery holder. But I still need to connect the terminals
>> of the battery holder to the beadboard.
>
> Solder one of your single-core breadboard wires to each wire of the
> battery holder.

That's what I did - except, as noted, I went for multistrand wire that I
can actually bend so that I can route it to anywhere on the breadboard.
Indeed, since I went with multistrand, everything has become a lot
easier. (Except stripping the wires. I suck at that!)

Post a reply to this message

> Indeed, since I went with multistrand, everything has become a lot
> easier. (Except stripping the wires. I suck at that!)

Get a pair of wire strippers!

Post a reply to this message

> easier. (Except stripping the wires. I suck at that!)

Get a pair of strippers!

Post a reply to this message