POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics activity Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Electronics activity (Message 36 to 45 of 65)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Electronics activity
Date: 25 May 2010 07:04:33
Message: <4bfbaec1$1@news.povray.org>
>> Dude, really, you are going to fall over yourself over and over again if
>> you refuse to learn at least some basic analogue circuit electronics.
>> You must have realised by now that even to implement the simplest logic
>> circuits you absolutely must have some basic level of understanding.
>
> So what you're saying is that there is basically no way I will ever get
> this to work, and I should just give up now?

No, you can probably get this circuit to work by experimenting yourself,
asking here and googling.  Some people might even be nice enough to give
some detailed explanations, and you might learn some stuff.  You might even
be able to get a slightly more complex circuit to work ok.

But in the end you're doing things backwards, learn the basics *first*, it
will make your life so much easier, and you won't get stuck at every point
when things don't work as expected.  You will be able to answer your own
questions if you have the knowledge of how basic electronic circuits work.

For example the next thing will be relays to control things that need higher
power or voltage, you're going to connect one of your outputs to a relay
coil and then wonder why it's not working, and then complain that the relay
is destroying all your ICs :-)

Post a reply to this message