POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prehistoric dust Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Prehistoric dust (Message 61 to 70 of 145)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Dusty
Date: 18 May 2010 16:22:52
Message: <4bf2f71c$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> It still slightly frightens me that Haskell is actually this old... Just
> think how much better the world could be today if its ideas had caught
> on back then?

A lot of the stuff you take for granted wasn't possible back then.

It's like "how much cooler would movies be if the ideas behind modern GPUs
caught on back when we were still using discrete transistors and core memory?"

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid

Post a reply to this message