POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prehistoric dust Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Prehistoric dust (Message 116 to 125 of 145)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Dusty
Date: 20 May 2010 04:33:24
Message: <4bf4f3d4$1@news.povray.org>
>> That is the human condition.
>
> Yeah, that's true enough.  Passivity is easy; activity is hard.  People
> tend for the easy.

When your entire life has taught you that expending almost unbounded
amounts of effort always produces no results, it becomes increasingly
hard to find motivation...

Required XKCD link: http://xkcd.com/187/

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 20 May 2010 04:34:37
Message: <4bf4f41d@news.povray.org>
>> Dealing with *one* ISP is quite hard enough... (And then there's the
>> fact that in the UK there is only one IP carrier. Unless you happen to
>> live in London.)
>
> Or Hull, or Manchester, or Birmingham or Glasgow or Edinburgh or ...

Name one company in Hull that actually owns wires under the ground, not
just rented from BT.

Post a reply to this message