POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I LOLed Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  I LOLed (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: I LOLed
Date: 15 May 2010 05:25:04
Message: <4bee6870@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> > Also... Isn't the iPad like ?7,000 or something? How come they can
> > afford to take one and just *break* it like that??

> It costs 500 USD, and Apple claims it's amazingly cheap, like they had to
> work really hard to get it down to that. In fact, apparently they're still
> getting *large* profits on each...

  Given that it has basically all the same relevant hardware as a laptop,
plus a huge touch-screen, plus it's thinner and lighter than basically any
laptop in existence (the MacBook Air might come closest), I'd say it is
pretty cheap.

  If some other company had made such a device, it would probably be just a
prototype which would probably cost 10 times as much. (Look how much fancy
and new mobile phones cost compared to the average.)

--
                                                          - Warp