POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Not a geek (Message 1 to 10 of 259)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Not a geek
Date: 8 May 2010 12:42:01
Message: <4be59459@news.povray.org>
I liked this one better:

http://sivers.org/weidman

 From what I've read about men and women of true genius, this sounds
pretty much right. But look at the thread comments... apparently the
general populas actually thinks that gifted scientists and
mathematicians actually wander around, zombie-style, burbling about
equations and unable to comprehend social interaction.

I blame the media...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

great anecdote.  Perhaps all you need to appreciate Mozart is to have Einstein
next to you? ;)

>  From what I've read about men and women of true genius, this sounds
> pretty much right. But look at the thread comments... apparently the
> general populas actually thinks that gifted scientists and
> mathematicians actually wander around, zombie-style, burbling about
> equations and unable to comprehend social interaction.
>
> I blame the media...

indeed.  Though Einstein himself contributed much to this state of affairs with
his famous tongue shot.  The prototypical mad scientist.

Post a reply to this message