POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Not a geek (Message 71 to 80 of 259)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Not a geek
Date: 11 May 2010 15:50:22
Message: <4be9b4fe$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 11 May 2010 20:39:44 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Ah, well, that would explain it then. I don't watch TV. :-)
>>>
>>> (The irony is that I don't watch TV because there's never enough
>>> science to watch...)
>>
>> You would probably find QI interesting, not always about sciencey
>> stuff, but a good programme to watch.
>
> I do sometimes watch that, yes. Although it's not especially easy
> figuring out when it's actually on TV. But if somebody else discovers
> that it's on, I'll sometimes sit and watch it.

http://bbc.co.uk/qi seems to be a pretty definitive source for that
information.  But googling "qi schedule" turns up some good hints as
well. ;-)

> I think meeting Mr Fry might possibly be almost as interesting as
> meeting Einstein. ;-)

I'm quite sure he'd be more interesting. :-)

>> But that also would explain why you haven't heard of some fairly well
>> known scientists or be aware of what their achievements are, things
>> like that tend to be newsworthy, and people often hear the names while
>> watching the news or various news commentary.
>
> You could live in a dark hole under a rock somewhere and you'd still
> know who Einstein is. ;-)

Have you talked to someone who lives in a dark hole under a rock
somewhere and asked them? ;-)

I could argue that you could live in a dark hole under a rock somewhere
and still know who Jane Goodall or Richard Dawkins was, too.

Jim

Post a reply to this message