POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a geek Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Not a geek (Message 21 to 30 of 259)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Not a geek
Date: 10 May 2010 04:12:02
Message: <4be7bfd2$1@news.povray.org>
> Or Carl Sagan, for that matter.

Who?

> Or Dr Hubble.

I've heard of the Hubble Telescope, but I wasn't aware it's actually
named after somebody...

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Date: 10 May 2010 08:14:58
Message: <4be7f8c2@news.povray.org>

4be7bfd2$1@news.povray.org...
>> Or Carl Sagan, for that matter.
>
> Who?
>
>> Or Dr Hubble.
>
> I've heard of the Hubble Telescope, but I wasn't aware it's actually named
> after somebody...

Oh he just discovered other galaxies existence, red shift and universe
expansion!
It is not as if he deserved fame ;-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 10 May 2010 08:23:59
Message: <4be7fadf$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Or Dr Hubble.
>> I've heard of the Hubble Telescope, but I wasn't aware it's actually named
>> after somebody...
>
> Oh he just discovered other galaxies existence, red shift and universe
> expansion!
> It is not as if he deserved fame ;-)

I'm not debating whether he deserved fame, but whether he *got* it. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

>>> I've heard of the Hubble Telescope, but I wasn't aware it's actually
>>> named after somebody...
>>
>> Oh he just discovered other galaxies existence, red shift and universe
>> expansion!
>> It is not as if he deserved fame ;-)
>
> I'm not debating whether he deserved fame, but whether he *got* it. ;-)

Good point but at least YOU deserve blame ;-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message