POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The last line totally sells this Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  The last line totally sells this (Message 22 to 31 of 51)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: The last line totally sells this
Date: 11 May 2010 02:36:57
Message: <4be8fb09$1@news.povray.org>
>> I remember just sitting there in utter astonishment that somebody could
>> actually write this stuff and expect to be taken seriously. Or that
>> anybody would be willing to print it, for that matter. WTF?
>>
>> The most worrying part is that this guy is apparently a scientist. He
>> actually works for somebody studying molecular biology. (Or so he
>> claims. In retrospect, I have to wonder if it's actually true...)
>>
> No. He is a mathematician, and a bad one, who works for some hack at the
> Discovery Institute, who probably got *his* science degree from some
> place like Liberty University, or the like. Alternatively, it might have
> been from a legitimate institution, but they where one of the clowns
> that managed to put out a final thesis that is 100% based on what they
> learned in class, thus appearing to understand the material, while,
> never the less, rejecting 100% of the conclusions, including the ones
> they put in their own final paper. This has, unfortunately, happened a
> few times in recent years...

His book claims that he works in a lab somewhere studying the chemistry
of the cell.

Then again, his book also claims that life was designed by an
intelligent entity and that every lifeform that ever came into being was
pre-encoded into the DNA of the first single-celled microbe that was
artificially placed on Earth, so...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/