POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sneakernet Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Sneakernet (Message 41 to 44 of 44)
From: TC
Subject: Re: German Telekom - Bundespost
Date: 1 May 2010 08:51:25
Message: <4bdc23cd@news.povray.org>
> But out of curiosity, are you considered a civil servant in Germany?  (I
> ask because I've a good friend who is, and just seems like a small world
> to run into two people in such positions <g>)

No - I'm a freelancer.

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Sneakernet
Date: 1 May 2010 11:50:26
Message: <4bdc4dc2$1@news.povray.org>
Sneakernet:  Providing backup to networks since before networks.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 May 2010 12:42:39
Message: <4bdc59ff@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:55:20 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> The kicker there is that if you end up working somewhere and are FICA-
>> exempt, apparently you can NEVER collect social security, even if
>> afterwards you take a job in the private sector and have to pay into
>> FICA.
>
> I don't think that's always true. I know people who after they retire
> from police work, > they take a job for 5 years to get social security
> and such. Maybe it's state vs federal, or maybe it's if your *last* job
> is FICA-exempt, or maybe it's just the medicare or other "non-pension"
> part of the social security deal I heard about, or something like that.

Not all people who work for the government are considered FICA-exempt -
so it's possible that cops aren't (since FICA is federal, not state, and
police are generally state, not federal).

I had a bit of a chat with someone who falls under that, and he
researched it and told me what his research found, and that's essentially
what I've said above - so it's secondhand info that's sourced from
someone who falls under those rules.

Jim

Post a reply to this message