POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frustration Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Frustration (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Invisible
Subject: Frustration
Date: 28 Apr 2010 09:25:28
Message: <4bd83748$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so I decided to try to use VBScript to actually do something *useful*.

Big mistake.

Anyway, apparently there's some sort of way to use LDAP to look up
properties of a user's account in Active Directory. But there's a
problem: you can't do anything until you discover the Distinguished Name
of the account object.

I've wasted literally 2 hours trying to find this trivial piece of
information. Given how vitally important it is, you'd think there would
be a field *somewhere* in the properties dialog that would tell you what
the ****ing DN is, but noooooo...

So I see that it's supposed to be possible to solve this using VBScript
too. There are at least a dozen websites that all contain code nearly
identical to this:

   set trans = CreateObject("NameTranslate")
   trans.Init 3, ""
   trans.Set 3, "domain\user"
   set name = trans.Get(1)
   WScript.Echo name

Only trouble is... it doesn't work. I've tried rephrasing the code every
way I can think of, but still all I get is "error 800A01A8 on line 4".
Absolutely nothing I do will make this god-damned error go away so that
I can get to the actual data I want.

I give up.

Post a reply to this message

>   set trans = CreateObject("NameTranslate")
>   trans.Init 3, ""
>   trans.Set 3, "domain\user"
>   set name = trans.Get(1)
>   WScript.Echo name
>
> Only trouble is... it doesn't work. I've tried rephrasing the code every
> way I can think of, but still all I get is "error 800A01A8 on line 4".
> Absolutely nothing I do will make this god-damned error go away so that I
> can get to the actual data I want.

Try removing the "set" at the beginning of line 4. IIRC set is only used to
assign a reference of an object to your variable, not a value.

Post a reply to this message