POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frustration Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Frustration (Message 21 to 23 of 23)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Frustration
Date: 29 Apr 2010 12:37:07
Message: <4bd9b5b3$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> yeah, nothing like good ol' RTFM instead of trial and error...
>>
>> To be fair, this is old tech, so MS doesn't exactly make it easy to
>> find the documentation when you could be upgrading to VBNET.AWSOME.
>
> I thought the expected upgrade from VBS/JavaScript was to powershell?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell

Depends if you want it in a shell or not.  VBS runs in web servers too.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: nemesis
Date: 29 Apr 2010 12:45:45
Message: <4bd9b7b9$1@news.povray.org>
scott escreveu:
>>> OK, so I decided to try to use X to actually do something *useful*.
>>>
>>> Big mistake.
>>
>> there, made a template for your posts.
>
> You forgot the "obviously this is impossible" part :-)

Yeah, but I guess it's implied in "Big Mistake", plus it sounds better
as a comic punchline. :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 30 Apr 2010 21:34:12
Message: <4bdb8514$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/29/2010 1:05 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 29.04.2010 05:34, schrieb Patrick Elliott:
>
>> As a rule, the word "set" is almost **never** used in VB, at all. I
>> think there may be some obscure cases where you may use it, but, in
>> general, its little more than a hold over from ages past, when it was
>> mandatory. It hasn't been in most BASICs for... at least DOS1.0, maybe?
>
> That would be true for "let".
>
> As for "set", it has been mandatory at least in every version of VBA
> that I ever touched. Not sure about full-fledged VB though.
Yeah, was thinking of "let".

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {