POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Price-drop IP Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Price-drop IP (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Invisible
Subject: Price-drop IP
Date: 23 Apr 2010 08:35:00
Message: <4bd193f4$1@news.povray.org>
Wolfram|Alpha App for iPhone and iPod touch:
Was $49.99
Now  $1.99

Three guesses why...

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Price-drop IP
Date: 23 Apr 2010 11:48:59
Message: <4bd1c16b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Wolfram|Alpha App for iPhone and iPod touch:
> Was $49.99
> Now  $1.99
>
> Three guesses why...

Nobody was buying it at the previous price, because it doesn't compete with
all the ridiculously-cheap apps around?

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Apr 2010 12:57:42
Message: <4bd1d186$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Wolfram|Alpha App for iPhone and iPod touch:
>> Was $49.99
>> Now  $1.99
>>
>> Three guesses why...
>
> Nobody was buying it at the previous price, because it doesn't compete with
> all the ridiculously-cheap apps around?

Heh, ya think? ;-)

I wouldn't mind, but all the app does is submit your text to a website
anyway. (Like you couldn't possibly do *that* by hand...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I wouldn't mind, but all the app does is submit your text to a website
> anyway. (Like you couldn't possibly do *that* by hand...)

Very few in Apple's target market segment seem to think like that...