POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Island Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Island (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Invisible
Subject: Island
Date: 23 Apr 2010 04:37:49
Message: <4bd15c5d$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.xkcd.com/731/

Pretty awesome, eh?

Still, I have to wonder: just how many "desert islands" are there in
existence that are just big enough for one person and a palm tree? And
now many of them have that characteristic hump shape?

I'm going to go out on a limp and say zero. All the small islands I've
seen are surrounded by shallow seas, not deep ones. You would think such
sharp sides would tend to focus wave activity, leading to fairly rapid
erosion until the island is underwater. (Also, the size of the island
should vary with the tidy, presumably...)

Post a reply to this message

> Still, I have to wonder: just how many "desert islands" are there in
> existence that are just big enough for one person and a palm tree? And
> now many of them have that characteristic hump shape?

all cartoon ones. :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9