POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another interesting OOD conundrum Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Another interesting OOD conundrum (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Another interesting OOD conundrum
Date: 28 Apr 2010 08:33:56
Message: <4bd82b34@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> >> I don't think any manager is going to want an employee who loses interest
> >> in
> >> a project after completing perhaps 10% of it!
> >
> >  That's the point: If you get paid for completing a project, you will
> > complete it (or face unemployment).

> That's exactly why I would never want to code projects to completion for a
> living, I'd either be bored for 90% of the time or fired.

  It helps if you are not the only member of the project.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2010 11:45:29
Message: <4bd85819$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Mind you, I suspect some people have a job where they work directly on
> the first 10%, then tell other people to finish it off - that would be
> perfect :-D

That's called research.  Work on it until you understand it enough to tell
someone else to do the boring part.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2010 11:46:02
Message: <4bd8583a$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> That's exactly why I would never want to code projects to completion for
> a living, I'd either be bored for 90% of the time or fired.

And what kind of work do you do that's not 90% stuff you don't want to do?

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:45:28 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> scott wrote:
>> Mind you, I suspect some people have a job where they work directly on
>> the first 10%, then tell other people to finish it off - that would be
>> perfect :-D
>
> That's called research.  Work on it until you understand it enough to
> tell someone else to do the boring part.

That's called "strategic vision". ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message