POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Too much thinking Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Too much thinking (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: Invisible
Subject: Too much thinking
Date: 22 Apr 2010 11:25:09
Message: <4bd06a55@news.povray.org>
Random fact #1: If a processor has a 1 GHz clock, then it takes 1 ns to
complete a single clock cycle.

Random fact #2: It is claimed that GLaDOS become self-aware within the
first picosecond of being switched on.

Random fact #3: There are 1,000 picoseconds in 1 nanosecond.

Question: What the HELL is the clock speed of GLaDOS?! o_O

Post a reply to this message

> Random fact #1: If a processor has a 1 GHz clock, then it takes 1 ns to
> complete a single clock cycle.
>
> Random fact #2: It is claimed that GLaDOS become self-aware within the
> first picosecond of being switched on.
>
> Random fact #3: There are 1,000 picoseconds in 1 nanosecond.
>
> Question: What the HELL is the clock speed of GLaDOS?! o_O

Question: What the HELL is GLaDOS?! o_O

Post a reply to this message

>> Question: What the HELL is the clock speed of GLaDOS?! o_O
>
> Question: What the HELL is GLaDOS?! o_O

Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System.

Otherwise known as "that psychotic computer from Portal".

Post a reply to this message

> Random fact #1: If a processor has a 1 GHz clock, then it takes 1 ns to
> complete a single clock cycle.
>
> Random fact #2: It is claimed that GLaDOS become self-aware within the
> first picosecond of being switched on.
>
> Random fact #3: There are 1,000 picoseconds in 1 nanosecond.
>
> Question: What the HELL is the clock speed of GLaDOS?! o_O

Clearly, GLaDOS is using portal technology internally.

Alternately, who told them when GLaDOS became self-aware? Certainly it would
have to be GLaDOS, and we all know how trustworthy and honest *she* is.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=glados

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> Alternately, who told them when GLaDOS became self-aware? Certainly it
> would have to be GLaDOS, and we all know how trustworthy and honest
> *she* is.

2 + 2 = ...10

In base-4 I'm *fine*!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Random fact #1: If a processor has a 1 GHz clock, then it takes 1 ns to
> complete a single clock cycle.

> Random fact #2: It is claimed that GLaDOS become self-aware within the
> first picosecond of being switched on.

> Random fact #3: There are 1,000 picoseconds in 1 nanosecond.

> Question: What the HELL is the clock speed of GLaDOS?! o_O

  That's easy: At least 1 THz.

  Have any more difficult questions?

--
                                                          - Warp