POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random question of the day Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Random question of the day (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Invisible
Subject: Random question of the day
Date: 22 Apr 2010 07:25:10
Message: <4bd03216$1@news.povray.org>
So way, waaaay back when I was learning about web technologies, it was
suggested that XML is the future, and that one day it would be possible
to do away with HTML and just use XML.

Sure enough, if you write an XML file and attach a CSS style sheet to
it, with enough work you can make it so that the XML contains tags that
represent the actual document structure you want (rather than what HTML
provides you with), and then the CSS renders it in whatever way you fancy.

As an experiment, I tried to see how far I could get with this. I got
quite far, and then I hit a snag: I found two things that HTML can do,
but I can't find CSS properties to achieve the same thing with raw XML.

1. Hyperlinks.

2. Images.

Anybody know how to do this?

Post a reply to this message

> As an experiment, I tried to see how far I could get with this. I got
> quite far, and then I hit a snag: I found two things that HTML can do,
> but I can't find CSS properties to achieve the same thing with raw XML.

  You are comparing apples to oranges. XML doesn't specify things like
"this should be shown as an image". HTML does.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message