POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electrical insanity Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Electrical insanity (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Invisible
Subject: Electrical insanity
Date: 21 Apr 2010 05:12:36
Message: <4bcec184@news.povray.org>
http://www.xkcd.com/730/

Possibly the most alarming part of this whole thing is the number of
forum users who have managed to compute the actual resistance of the
tangle of resistors near the middle.

Still, you could spent a long, long time digging out all the obscure
jokes in this thing. (E.g., "may use an actual sandal instead".)
Somebody has far, far too much tree time...

Post a reply to this message

> Possibly the most alarming part of this whole thing is the number of
> forum users who have managed to compute the actual resistance of the
> tangle of resistors near the middle.

And then somebody had to mention this...

http://catb.org/jargon/html/magic-story.html

Post a reply to this message

On 21/04/2010 10:12 AM, Invisible wrote:
> http://www.xkcd.com/730/
>
> Possibly the most alarming part of this whole thing is the number of
> forum users who have managed to compute the actual resistance of the
> tangle of resistors near the middle.
>
> Still, you could spent a long, long time digging out all the obscure
> jokes in this thing. (E.g., "may use an actual sandal instead".)
> Somebody has far, far too much tree time...

That reminds me of a circuit diagram, I saw about 40 years ago, for a
WOM (Write Only Memory.)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen