POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : All about presentation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  All about presentation (Message 41 to 50 of 82)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: All about presentation
Date: 16 Apr 2010 12:31:56
Message: <4bc890fc@news.povray.org>

http://w3schools.com/css/

> Last time I checked, there are two ways to put an image into a web page.
> You can use the IMG tag, which inserts an image in amoungst the text.
> (But you cannot put anything over the top of this image.) Alternatively,
> you can set the page background image, which is obviously behind
> *everything*. That means you can put things over the top of it.

It's still an img tag. You just need to use CSS on it.

> (I have to find out what tags and classes exist in the HTML and what
> they contain, then see where they end up on the rendered page, and then
> see what CSS is applied to them, and lookup what images are being
> referenced, and then see the JavaScript that's manipulating them, and...)

Welcome to modern web programming.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 16 Apr 2010 12:33:45
Message: <4bc89169@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Ugly, isn't it?

Rather retro, actually.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Apr 2010 13:12:16
Message: <4bc89a70$1@news.povray.org>
>> The tricky part is finding them. ;-)
>
> You go to Amazon and read which books sell best, and look at the
> reviews. When you get stuck, you ask someone you know who is already
> experienced with photoshop.

Heh. That drawing book had great reviews, and yet still it didn't really
help me to draw...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Apr 2010 13:13:22
Message: <4bc89ab2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   If he is unwilling to learn to use a program like Photoshop, I doubt he
> will be willing to learn to use the Gimp.

I'm unwilling to learn Photoshop because I don't *have* Photoshop! :-P
Learning how to use something I haven't got isn't going to help me very
much...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/