POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy elections Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Bl**dy elections (Message 1 to 10 of 49)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Bl**dy elections
Date: 9 Apr 2010 05:34:45
Message: <4bbef4b5$1@news.povray.org>
As all the Brits in this froup are aware, we are about to have a general
election and at the same time local council elections. It must of course
be purely coincidental that I have 'bumped into' three of my local
councillors in the last two days asking my opinion about local services
and promising to look into those with which I am less than happy. One of
the said councillors was stationed at our local recycling station and
opened her conversation by saying that the area that I live in had the
best record of recycling in the whole of the City of Westminster thus (I
assume) intending to imbue me with a warm fuzzy glow of self-satisfaction.

Cynical? Moi?

John
--
Cogito sum,|| wbu### [at] tznvypbz (rot'ed) || GPG Key Fingerprint:
ergo sum,  ||   These opinions are mine alone,   || 0D9BCF4CF1B71CA2F5F7

Post a reply to this message

On 08/04/2010 11:02 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> As all the Brits in this froup are aware, we are about to have a general
> election and at the same time local council elections.

Time to leave the country for a month.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> As all the Brits in this froup are aware, we are about to have a general
> election and at the same time local council elections.

Actually I wasn't. Thanks for the heads up.

(Did I mention that I've been in a different country for the past week?)

Post a reply to this message

>> As all the Brits in this froup are aware, we are about to have a general
>> election and at the same time local council elections.
>
> Actually I wasn't. Thanks for the heads up.
>
> (Did I mention that I've been in a different country for the past week?)

I thought that you’d been in a different country for most of your life :-P

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

And lo On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 00:02:30 +0200, Doctor John <rea### [at] mysig> did
spake thusly:

> As all the Brits in this froup are aware, we are about to have a general
> election and at the same time local council elections. It must of course
> be purely coincidental that I have 'bumped into' three of my local
> councillors in the last two days asking my opinion about local services
> and promising to look into those with which I am less than happy. One of
> the said councillors was stationed at our local recycling station and
> opened her conversation by saying that the area that I live in had the
> best record of recycling in the whole of the City of Westminster thus (I
> assume) intending to imbue me with a warm fuzzy glow of
> self-satisfaction.
>
> Cynical? Moi?

Oh you should see the letters page of our local paper, they've been all
coming out the woodwork over the past month to tell us how wonderfully
they've been acting on our behalf.

Sad to say with the short-termness of so many I can't blame them for the
deluge of letters.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

>> As all the Brits in this froup are aware, we are about to have a general
>> election and at the same time local council elections.
>
> Actually I wasn't. Thanks for the heads up.
>
> (Did I mention that I've been in a different country for the past week?)

No, but the group was suspiciously silent.

Post a reply to this message

>> (Did I mention that I've been in a different country for the past week?)
>
> No, but the group was suspiciously silent.

I thought changing the decor of my blog might have been the first hint,
but I guess not... ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> I thought changing the decor of my blog might have been the first hint,
> but I guess not... ;-)

The link to your blog seems to have disappeared from the bottom of your
posts again...

Post a reply to this message