POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2×3×5 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  2×3×5 (Message 12 to 21 of 31)
From: scott
Subject: Re: 2×3×5
Date: 30 Mar 2010 03:13:50
Message: <4bb1a4ae$1@news.povray.org>

>>> Heh. Sounds like a perfect age. ;-)
>>>
>>> So you were either born in 1986 or 2004. :-P
>>
>> Neither.
>
> 2010 - 1986 = 24 = 1+9+8+6
>
> 2010 - 2004 = 6 = 2+0+0+4
>
> Surely my math isn't that bad?

No, but your assumptions are.  Just because you were born in 1986 doesn't
mean you are 24 years old...

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 30 Mar 2010 04:41:54
Message: <4bb1b952@news.povray.org>
>> Surely my math isn't that bad?
>
> No, but your assumptions are.  Just because you were born in 1986
> doesn't mean you are 24 years old...

Ah yes, I forgot the possibility of relativistic time dilation...

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 30 Mar 2010 04:49:58
Message: <4bb1bb36@news.povray.org>
>> No, but your assumptions are.  Just because you were born in 1986 doesn't
>> mean you are 24 years old...
>
> Ah yes, I forgot the possibility of relativistic time dilation...

I would suspect that almost exactly three quarters of people born in 1986
are 23, not 24.

Post a reply to this message

>>> No, but your assumptions are.  Just because you were born in 1986
>>> doesn't mean you are 24 years old...
>>
>> Ah yes, I forgot the possibility of relativistic time dilation...
>
> I would suspect that almost exactly three quarters of people born in
> 1986 are 23, not 24.

Well, he specifically mentioned December, so...

Post a reply to this message

>>> Ah yes, I forgot the possibility of relativistic time dilation...
>>
>> I would suspect that almost exactly three quarters of people born in
>> 1986 are 23, not 24.
>
> Well, he specifically mentioned December, so...

So he is 23 now and will turn 24 in december. Sometimes I have a feeling
that you are playing silly on purpose. Let's hope so.

Post a reply to this message

>>> I would suspect that almost exactly three quarters of people born in
>>> 1986 are 23, not 24.
>>
>> Well, he specifically mentioned December, so...
>
> So he is 23 now and will turn 24 in december. Sometimes I have a feeling
> that you are playing silly on purpose. Let's hope so.

He said that his age *is* the sum of the digits now, and will *stop*
being so in December, so that would make him 24 now, wouldn't it?

Post a reply to this message

> He said that his age *is* the sum of the digits now, and will *stop* being
> so in December, so that would make him 24 now, wouldn't it?

If he is 24 now and turns 25 in December, that means he was born in 1985.
1+9+8+5 != 24

Post a reply to this message