POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good music Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Good music (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Good music
Date: 5 Mar 2010 04:44:21
Message: <4b90d275$1@news.povray.org>
>> Often it is more that the general public is ignorant of the amount of
>> effort
>> most successful people have put into their lives (I'm not just talking
>> about
>> musical performers here, but also sports stars, business tycoons, etc).
>> Sure some people are just hugely lucky and get lots of money for doing
>> almost nothing, but I would bet that most rich and successful people have
>> worked damn hard to get there.
>
> Actually in practice I think it's a combination. Successful people tend to
> have
> worked very hard *and* been lucky to get opportunities along the way. You
> have
> to put the hard work in to make the most of what chance throws at you, but
> you
> also need the chance to use your experience and skills!

Indeed, note that I didn't say most extremely hard working people become
successful, just that most successful people are/were extremely hard working
:-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 5 Mar 2010 04:55:00
Message: <web.4b90d490f9d216246dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> Indeed, note that I didn't say most extremely hard working people become
> successful, just that most successful people are/were extremely hard working
> :-)

Ohyeah, sorry. Well, consider it a clarification then! :)

Post a reply to this message

>> of part time, retiring, etc... I'm not sure
>> why fame and success seem to follow the
>> least deserving people.
>
> Often it is more that the general public is ignorant of the amount of
> effort most successful people have put into their lives (I'm not just
> talking about musical performers here, but also sports stars, business
> tycoons, etc). Sure some people are just hugely lucky and get lots of
> money for doing almost nothing, but I would bet that most rich and
> successful people have worked damn hard to get there.

I wonder if amount of effort means anything in the face of sheer lack of
talent like, say, Ed Wood or indeed most pop musicians.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9