POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Try Haskell Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Try Haskell (Message 33 to 42 of 62)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Try Haskell
Date: 4 Mar 2010 10:44:15
Message: <4b8fd54e@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Invisible wrote:

> > Of course, it's still alpha quality.

> Strike a light... It seems the bit "alpha" sticker has gone. And the
> command history seems to work properly now. Neat...

  Now it's only v0.01 beta?-)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 4 Mar 2010 10:44:28
Message: <4b8fd55c$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>   data Suit = Diamonds | Hearts | Clubs | Spades
>>
>>   data Number =
>>     Ace | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine | Ten |
>>     Jack | Queen | King
>>
>>   data Card = Card Suit Number
>
> I get "parse error on input 'data'" for all those.
>
> Guess I'm missing some #include or whatever it's called.

Which way are you trying to execute this?

If you're trying to enter them interactively, don't. It doesn't work. ;-)

The GHC interactive interpretter ("GHCi") allows you to define variables
and use them later, but doesn't allow any other kinds of definitions
interactively.

If you write this stuff in a file and save it as, say, "Cards.hs", you
should be able to double-click that file and have GHCi automatically
open up and load it. You can then write expressions involving these types.

(Probably the next problem you'll trip over is that the types aren't
printable...)

Post a reply to this message

>> Strike a light... It seems the bit "alpha" sticker has gone. And the
>> command history seems to work properly now. Neat...
>
>   Now it's only v0.01 beta?-)

But that's the wonderful thing about OSS, isn't it? It never actually
reaches release 1.0. :-D

Post a reply to this message