POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Before VHS and Betamax there was... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Before VHS and Betamax there was... (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Before VHS and Betamax there was...
Date: 1 Mar 2010 18:29:46
Message: <4b8c4dea@news.povray.org>
> But I hear some PhD somewhere managed to make a technology that
> transfers data using human skin as the connecting medium. As the
> reviewer put it, "this raises the disturbing possibility that users
> could transfer data from one to another while having sex".

  I really don't understand what's so disturbing about that.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 2 Mar 2010 04:30:06
Message: <4b8cda9e$1@news.povray.org>
>> "this raises the disturbing possibility that users
>> could transfer data from one to another while having sex".
>
> Huh. And all along, I thought that's what sex was for.

Indeed. The transfer of digital data. (It even has a simple
error-correction mechanism.)

I wonder what the, uh, "upload rate" is? Taking into account all the
redundancy in the data, it's gotta be pretty large. (Terribly latency
though.)

...sorry, what were we talking about?

Post a reply to this message