POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More failure Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  More failure (Message 40 to 49 of 59)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: More failure
Date: 25 Feb 2010 12:52:53
Message: <4b86b8f5$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
>> HAL wasn't evil.  Just overenthusiastic.
> Thus spake Zaraprogrammer :-)

It's explained quite well in the book, really. :)  No more evil than a
general sending soldiers on a mission where he knows they'll die. Not *good*
mind you...

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not

Post a reply to this message

>>> HAL wasn't evil.  Just overenthusiastic.
>> Thus spake Zaraprogrammer :-)
>
> It's explained quite well in the book, really. :)  No more evil than a
> general sending soldiers on a mission where he knows they'll die. Not
> *good* mind you...

Yes, how can a machine be evil?

--

Best Regards,