POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Strength Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Strength (Message 31 to 34 of 34)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Strength
Date: 10 Feb 2010 10:57:59
Message: <4b72d787$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> A door isn't nearly as heavy as a person.
>>
>> Some of the ones we had offshore weighed half a ton.
>
> Short or long?

About half a ton.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Austin
Date: 10 Feb 2010 11:27:56
Message: <4b72de8c$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/2010 9:49 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> I meant more that I wouldn't have expected to be able to just
>>> completely disregard 3/4 the weight of the object just because I'm
>>> only looking at one wheel.
>>
>> Why not? Try doing some one-handed push-ups and see if they are not
>> harder to do than two-handed ones.
>
> When I become able to do two-handed push-ups, I'll let you know. ;-)

>>> ...my God. You can make metal that thin?? o_O
>>
>> Surely you are joking.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_foil
>
> Damn. I thought that stuff was plastic with a metal-powder coating...

You ever try to stand on an empty coke can?

Just set it on level ground and place your foot on it.  Then gently
shift all your weight to that foot without losing you balance.  The can
should be able to hold you up.  It might take a few tries.

Then when on the can, tap the side with your other foot.  The can will
flatten nicely.

Post a reply to this message