POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wireless is Wonky Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Wireless is Wonky (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Chambers
Subject: Wireless is Wonky
Date: 7 Feb 2010 13:51:59
Message: <4b6f0bcf$1@news.povray.org>
So, I've got a wireless mouse and keyboard, sitting about 6 feet from
the receiver.

The keyboard works great; it never has any trouble.  But the mouse...

Every now and then, it acts like it's not getting a clear signal.  The
movement is jerky, and the buttons stick.  That is, I'll click
something, and either the click won't register, or the un-click won't
register.

I've tried changing the batteries, to no avail.  I've noticed that this
happens when the receiver is in the vicinity of certain other
electronics (such as on a shelf two inches above my router, or sitting
on top of my XBox when it's on), which is what makes me think it's
interference of some kind.  However, it also happens occasionally when
there are no other electronics on nearby (except the computer itself,
which is a 3/4 tower on the floor below the desk).

Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, do you think it's a crappy set
(it's a cheap Logitech set I bought, intending to replace it when I had
more money {not that Logitech is cheap, just that this particular set
is}), or more likely electronics somewhere else in the house?

If it's just due to being a cheap set, then getting a better one would
fix the problem.  If it's due to other electronics nearby, then I just
have to put up with it...

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message