POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Illumination Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Illumination (Message 39 to 48 of 48)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Illumination
Date: 8 Feb 2010 08:29:07
Message: <4b7011a3$1@news.povray.org>
You can put isotopes in plastic to make self
powered lighting, governments just don't like the idea
of anything nuclear being used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium_illumination

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 8 Feb 2010 08:42:03
Message: <4b7014ab$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:
> You can put isotopes in plastic to make self
> powered lighting, governments just don't like the idea
> of anything nuclear being used.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium_illumination

Interesting. I wonder what the half-life of tritium is? (You realise
that once all of it decays, it stops glowing, right?)

Post a reply to this message

> > You can put isotopes in plastic to make self
> > powered lighting, governments just don't like the idea
> > of anything nuclear being used.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium_illumination

> Interesting. I wonder what the half-life of tritium is? (You realise
> that once all of it decays, it stops glowing, right?)

  Your google-fu fails you, once again.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> Interesting. I wonder what the half-life of tritium is? (You realise
>> that once all of it decays, it stops glowing, right?)
>
>   Your google-fu fails you, once again.

Meh. Just over 12 years.

Post a reply to this message