POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  New car (Message 55 to 64 of 184)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: New car
Date: 3 Feb 2010 13:49:43
Message: <4b69c547$1@news.povray.org>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> O_o
>>>
>>> This logic astounds me!
>> In what way?
>
> Well, I don't know about Dre, but I've never had a problem with CDs being
> damaged through a slot-loading CD player in my car (or anywhere, for that
> matter).

Well, I've yet to have it utterly destroy a disk. But it has a number of
problems:

- You cannot remove the disk from the drive without getting fingerprints
on it.

- If the servo won't let go of the disk, or won't accept the disk when
you try to push it in, you get scratches on the disk.

- I've seen drives where you have to "bend" the disk slightly to get it
through the door. (Which probably just indicates a cheap drive, but
still...)

None of these problems occur with slot-load drives.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:49:45 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Well, I've yet to have it utterly destroy a disk. But it has a number of
> problems:
>
> - You cannot remove the disk from the drive without getting fingerprints
> on it.

I manage to get it from the edges myself, but fingerprints aren't a huge
problem - they wipe off. :-)

> - If the servo won't let go of the disk, or won't accept the disk when
> you try to push it in, you get scratches on the disk.

Sounds like a bad drive to me....

> - I've seen drives where you have to "bend" the disk slightly to get it
> through the door. (Which probably just indicates a cheap drive, but
> still...)

I haven't seen this one myself....

> None of these problems occur with slot-load drives.

Wait, what? ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message