POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The question continues Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  The question continues (Message 117 to 126 of 126)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Plan Z
Date: 4 Feb 2010 01:17:01
Message: <4b6a665d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> O_O

>>> Oh, right.
>>>
>>> Hokey, that makes 2 references now...
>>>
>>> (Otherwise it would have made 2 offers from men, which would be a Bad
>>> Thing.)
>>>

>> Don't knock it unless you've tried it ;)
>
> LOL

The old ones are the best ones :-P

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 7 Feb 2010 08:50:45
Message: <4b6ec535$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Strike a light - I enquired about a vacancy on the Haskell mailing list,
> and actually got a response for the first time ever! o_O
>
> Currently in discussions with a friendly guy who's looking to hire a
> programmer. We'll see if this leads anywhere...

So I *finally* sent them my CV. Apparently they're now considering it.

Also: Cambridge is actually *further away* than Coventry. Idiot. (I was
thinking of Oxford...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Feb 2010 15:41:18
Message: <4b770e6e$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 13:50:48 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Strike a light - I enquired about a vacancy on the Haskell mailing
>> list, and actually got a response for the first time ever! o_O
>>
>> Currently in discussions with a friendly guy who's looking to hire a
>> programmer. We'll see if this leads anywhere...
>
> So I *finally* sent them my CV. Apparently they're now considering it.

Good!

> Also: Cambridge is actually *further away* than Coventry. Idiot. (I was
> thinking of Oxford...)

Well, see what the pay looks like; if it's a reasonable wage, look at
what the cost of living is around Cambridge; see if they can help you
with housing.  It never hurts to ask.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> So I *finally* sent them my CV. Apparently they're now considering it.
>
> Good!

Very quiet here...

>> Also: Cambridge is actually *further away* than Coventry. Idiot. (I was
>> thinking of Oxford...)
>
> Well, see what the pay looks like; if it's a reasonable wage, look at
> what the cost of living is around Cambridge; see if they can help you
> with housing.  It never hurts to ask.

Well, sure, let's just see if they even ask to interview me first! ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:16:54 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> So I *finally* sent them my CV. Apparently they're now considering it.
>>
>> Good!
>
> Very quiet here...
>
>>> Also: Cambridge is actually *further away* than Coventry. Idiot. (I
>>> was thinking of Oxford...)
>>
>> Well, see what the pay looks like; if it's a reasonable wage, look at
>> what the cost of living is around Cambridge; see if they can help you
>> with housing.  It never hurts to ask.
>
> Well, sure, let's just see if they even ask to interview me first! ;-)

That would also be a good step, sure - I'm just saying that you shouldn't
discount them because of where they are.  :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> Well, sure, let's just see if they even ask to interview me first! ;-)
>
> That would also be a good step, sure - I'm just saying that you shouldn't
> discount them because of where they are.  :-)

I applied, didn't I? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:49:47 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Well, sure, let's just see if they even ask to interview me first! ;-)
>>
>> That would also be a good step, sure - I'm just saying that you
>> shouldn't discount them because of where they are.  :-)
>
> I applied, didn't I? ;-)

Indeed you did - and that's definitely a step in the right direction. :-)

I just didn't want you to be discouraged now that you've realised they're
not where you thought they were. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>>> That would also be a good step, sure - I'm just saying that you
>>> shouldn't discount them because of where they are.  :-)
>> I applied, didn't I? ;-)
>
> Indeed you did - and that's definitely a step in the right direction. :-)
>
> I just didn't want you to be discouraged now that you've realised they're
> not where you thought they were. :)

Meh. I applied for a place in Glasgow. :-P I'm not quite as hung-up on
location as everybody thinks.

Post a reply to this message

>>> I applied, didn't I? ;-)
>>
>> Indeed you did - and that's definitely a step in the right direction. :-)
>>
>> I just didn't want you to be discouraged now that you've realised
>> they're not where you thought they were. :)
>
> Meh. I applied for a place in Glasgow. :-P I'm not quite as hung-up on
> location as everybody thinks.

Why would we think that?   ;)

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:06:50 +0000, Invisible wrote:

>>> I applied, didn't I? ;-)
>>
>> Indeed you did - and that's definitely a step in the right direction.
>> :-)
>>
>> I just didn't want you to be discouraged now that you've realised
>> they're not where you thought they were. :)
>
> Meh. I applied for a place in Glasgow. :-P I'm not quite as hung-up on
> location as everybody thinks.

This is the first evidence to the contrary that has been presented.  That
being the case, good for you!

Jim