POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Loneliness (Message 81 to 90 of 95)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Loneliness
Date: 3 Feb 2010 13:29:02
Message: <4b69c06e@news.povray.org>
>> Sounds like you got a good deal out of it!
>
> I don't like problems like this. I much prefer easy, open
> discussion.

Well, yes, that's far better...

> I love doing my job, it's people that suck...

Heh, I'm sure a lot of people have that problem.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Feb 2010 13:33:08
Message: <4b69c164@news.povray.org>
>> Actually, wait - any half-decent manager should still be able to spot
>> this one. OK, you win the point.
>
> Well, not really; the boss I had who got sacked (who I mentioned earlier
> today) was hired by the guy who hired me.  Randall (not his real name -
> but I need to call the boss who was fired something) was quite the
> salesman; he could've sold snowballs to eskimos.

Most of the managers my company employs are excellent at selling
themselves. Which is just as well, because they suck at everything else!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:33:09 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Actually, wait - any half-decent manager should still be able to spot
>>> this one. OK, you win the point.
>>
>> Well, not really; the boss I had who got sacked (who I mentioned
>> earlier today) was hired by the guy who hired me.  Randall (not his
>> real name - but I need to call the boss who was fired something) was
>> quite the salesman; he could've sold snowballs to eskimos.
>
> Most of the managers my company employs are excellent at selling
> themselves. Which is just as well, because they suck at everything else!

LOL, everyone's gotta have at least one thing they're good at. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> Most of the managers my company employs are excellent at selling
>> themselves. Which is just as well, because they suck at everything else!
>
> LOL, everyone's gotta have at least one thing they're good at. :-)

So what am *I* good at?

Oh yeah: worrying. :-/

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/