POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Loneliness (Message 21 to 30 of 95)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Loneliness
Date: 1 Feb 2010 20:10:00
Message: <web.4b677a73d4dc6fcd412fad2f0@news.povray.org>
> When talking with executives,
> especially in writing, brevity is important.

It's important because the dicks can't read.

I can be brief when cursing.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Feb 2010 00:19:51
Message: <4b67b5f7$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:05:55 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> When talking with executives,
>> especially in writing, brevity is important.
>
> It's important because the dicks can't read.

Actually, in my experience, that's not the case.  It is the case that
when you're a highly-paid person on staff (executive or not), time is
money, so wasting time is wasting money.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences, as you've clearly had, or you
wouldn't have felt it necessary to phrase it like that.

> I can be brief when cursing.

I can too, but I find that also is not particularly constructive if
you're trying to effect positive change.  If you're trying to affect a
change of employer, that is a very effective tool.

Jim

Post a reply to this message