POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hurry up, Luke! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Hurry up, Luke! (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Darren New
Subject: Hurry up, Luke!
Date: 27 Jan 2010 11:16:44
Message: <4b6066ec@news.povray.org>
The death star will be clear of the planet any moment!

Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do
   I get "focus follows gaze"?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Hurry up, Luke!
Date: 27 Jan 2010 11:23:23
Message: <4b60687b@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> The death star will be clear of the planet any moment!

I wonder... why didn't the Death Star just destroy the planet that was
in the way first, allowing it to fire on the planet behind?

Post a reply to this message

> I wonder... why didn't the Death Star just destroy the planet that was
> in the way first, allowing it to fire on the planet behind?

Maybe it takes more than 20 minutes to recharge after blowing up something
that big?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do
   I get "focus follows gaze"?

Post a reply to this message

>> I wonder... why didn't the Death Star just destroy the planet that was
>> in the way first, allowing it to fire on the planet behind?
>
> Maybe it takes more than 20 minutes to recharge after blowing up
> something that big?

Is the planet going somewhere?

How long does it take to move the entire Death Star, for that matter?
It's depicted moving from system to system, but it never seems to move
very fast. And star systems are a damned long way apart!

Post a reply to this message

> > I wonder... why didn't the Death Star just destroy the planet that was
> > in the way first, allowing it to fire on the planet behind?
>
> Maybe it takes more than 20 minutes to recharge after blowing up something
> that big?

Maybe it's simply incapable of destroying gas giants? We only ever see it target
earth-like planets or moons.

Post a reply to this message